Most women, when learning how to apply eye liner, will have some difficulties when practicing with the liquid eye liner. However, difficulties or not, we find women aren’t willing to give up trying, because practicing , will make applying eye makeup easier, and, will boldly enhance the appearance of their eyes. If you, too, want to use liquid eyeliner perfectly, then you need to learn the following ten points.
- Always wash your face thoroughly before using liquid eye liner. If you don’t apply your makeup to clean skin, you won’t get the results you want.
- When applying this type of eye liner, always start from the center of your upper eyelid’s lash line. This tip will help reduce the number of mistakes, you may make, when applying liquid eyeliner.
- Staying as close to the mirror as possible will help you to create a perfect line. So, make sure that there are only 6-10 inches between you and your reflection.
- Applying liquid eyeliner to your bottom lash line is a big mistake as it will smear all over your face. Instead, stick to kohl for lining your bottom eyelids.
- Practice keeping your hand steady. If your hand shakes, your eyeliner will not appear as smooth and perfect as you want it to be. To avoid this mess, use shorter strokes instead of drawing with a single stroke. You might also try resting your elbow on a solid surface to steady your hand.
- Never try creating a thick line with one stroke; if you do the chances are that you will be using a lot of q-tips and makeup remover to correct your line. Instead, draw a thin line and build a thick line gradually.
- To make sure that you’re lining your eyes right, you can create marks with an eye pencil and then cover it with the liquid eye liner to conceal them with the perfect line.
- Be sure to learn how fast your eyeliner dries. This can change from brand to brand, with some taking a while to dry and set on your eyelids, while others, such as airbrush eyeliner from Dinair, dries on contact with your skin. This is a very important point, because it will help you calculate how much time you will need to apply your eye makeup. Also, knowing this will prevent you from screaming with frustration while cleaning the mess cause by wet eyeliner and eye shadow.
- If you’re using airbrush makeup with regular eyeliner, make sure that your foundation and eye shadow dries before you line your eyes. However, if you’re using airbrush cosmetics for your foundation and eye shadow, why not airbrush all the way, and use it for your eyeliner. So, make sure to find, and use, a kit that provides airbrush makeup for your whole face.
- If you make a mistake, use a q-tip to remove it rather than cleaning your lid completely. Also be sure to, wait until your skin is dry before retouching your makeup and/or reapplying your liquid eye liner.
With these tips, you will be able to apply your liquid eye liner without any trouble in the future.